NADDIE'S NONSENSE OF THE DAY

- when you have everything to give up, you have the rest of the world for your taking ~

04 May 2009

Seating Arrangement


Husband and I spent the long weekend in his hometown in Alor Star. We chose to take a flight rather than drive. While waiting for Gate 2 at Lapangan Terbang Sultan Abdul Halim to open for our flight back to KL, I had the idea to write this entry.

I've travelled extensively (for my standard) since i've been attached to Bokor Project. Although I only travelled locally for my job, it is enough air travelling to know that a) I no longer like to sit in a window seat, b) I don't want to sit near the emergency exit and c) I don't want to sit in the last row because I've experienced these seats. My favorite is now the aisle seat that is not near the emergency exit and not in the last row. Other than these criteria, I really don't mind. Ohh...I also don't mind if i'm upgraded to business class or first class. :)

When I was younger and when air travelling to me was a REALLY HUGE DEAL, i really, really heart the window seat. I get to see the scenery outside while the plane is dashing across the tarmac for take-off, I lose myself while watching the clouds during the day and I get excited seeing city lights at night. I really like looking outside the window at that time. But after a zillion times on a plane, the scene outside never really change and you get bored. Plus, the restroom is a place that I visit a lot, seating in a window seat makes going to the rest room a challenge.

Now, FYI (at least for the domestic MAS flights that I've took) the last row and the three rows near the emergency exit (row 12 to 14 if i'm not mistaken) are non-reclinable. I really like sleeping in a moving transportaion, so non-reclining seats are not helping at all. So, I avoid these seats too.

So, under normal circumtances when I'm checking in, I'll say "Aisle seat please". Usually, when you specify your preference, the person behind the counter will get all chatty and say something like this "is 17C ok?". Knowing that 17 is not the last row and confirming that it is nowhere near the emergency exit, I'll respond "OK" with a smile.

Under abnormal circumstances, I'll ask the person behind the counter "seat mane lagi yg available ek?" for no reason at all. Then I'll be like "depan lagi boleh tak" and make a huge deal out of selecting a seat. Ohh believe me, if you put on a smile and talk in a chirpy-i'm-a-happy-person tone, the person behind the counter will treat your requests (no matter how silly) in a very nice way. This method is formulated and tested by me :)

Also, under abnormal circumstances, when the person behind the counter informed me that my seat is 17C, I'll be like "OK". This is me not in a mood at all (Naddie ialah xde perasaan, malas nak layan).

Like always, I know what I want right down to the seat I prefer. This help me get through the 2-hour-plus-ride-to-miri-or-labuan (am always going to these places for my job) solitary air travelling that I always had to endure, as most of the times I have to travel alone.


Travelling by air used to be big deal for me as I didn't get to do it that often. Now that it is just another mean of transportation, I missed these things;
  • When we were younger, if we are going somewhere by plane, we'll be all excited and wearing our best outfits cause it is a big deal. Now, I get on the plane with my most comfy outfit (jeans, t-shirt, most comfy pair of sandals - kadang2 selipar je, yg fancy sket la sbb naturally aku xde la selekeh sgt).
  • The adrenaline rush when the plane is speeding for take-off. I am trying very hard to feel that again, but no. Perasaan itu sudah menjadi biasa saje. Damm~

p/s: Those two picture are taken by me before take off from Labuan to KLIA. I was travelling alone at that time and the camera becomes my friend. Ohhh....that's the trip to Labuan when I bought prawns for the first time from Labuan to KL and the salesman cube nak ngorat aku. Siap sms tu coz his shop took my number as they send the prawns directly to the airport, which is a good service actually. But the salesman behaviour is not. Kinda funny tho, i'm beyond the age where I entertain random flirting texts from stranger. I'm married, duh~

6 comments:

  1. oiitt .. aku suke yang sama lane ngan emergency exit ... besarla seating kaki die...

    ReplyDelete
  2. x bley recline. x ske. aku dok bersile slalunye so x perlu la tmpt letak kaki yg besar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoho...aku lg buhsan labuan-kl~!! muhahaaaaa

    weh..cian sayuthy sorng2 kt sne..ko g la same~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. erk...
    nnti eil ngn naza pg labuan...
    ehe~ sayut pon nak cuti gak tuh :)
    aku ckp kt dak2 neh kalau dah terlampau melampau emergency baru aku pg.. ehe~

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh..i like to feel the excitement of getting inside of the plane esp during the take-off part.. but most of the times now, i travel by myself.. and sometimes alone.. so my adrenalin rush sgt2 la dasyat.. bnda baik,tak baik smua come across my mind.. well, well, i miss being happy, gay and carefree like we always do back then.. i just miss our family trip..the chaos and evrything :))

    krina

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea, i like aisle seats too, cos can ask for more juices...wakakakkakaka...and kaki can put on the aisle :P

    and since i usually cant zz on place, i dun mind the emergency seats cos can straighten my legs and move them ard :))))

    ReplyDelete

This is how i think but you might think otherwise, so let's share that thought!!
Thanks for sharing :)