NADDIE'S NONSENSE OF THE DAY

- when you have everything to give up, you have the rest of the world for your taking ~

31 March 2009

The Best Things in Life are... (Part 1)

definitely not free. At least not all of them. Yeah, there are good things that are free like love, happy memories, a stray cat that hangs around your house, etc, etc...but the best things i know has at least to cost something.

Hmm...when I really think about it even love is not free of charge. It costs you feeling. And time. And of course the phone bills, chocolate, presents, dinners, lunches, brunches, etc, etc. But it gives you a sense of belonging, the feeling being loved and the pleasure of sharing your love. Still love will cost you something, and that is my point exactly.

However, that is not my point totally. Actually, during a recent reorganization activities at rumah nenek, a few old photos were discovered by my aunt and one of them is the picture below. This is a picture of my ibu with her siblings minus my youngest aunt (who is the person who found this picture).

Now, my point is that The Best Things in Life Might Cost You Something, but They Make You Feel Good and Giddy. And Excited. And Happy!

~ In this picture, from standing from left is Mama (my aunt), Aunty Pah, Arwah Uncle Yeh. Sitting from left is Ibu (my mother), Uncle Mail and Uncle Yak~

To relate this picture to my point, when my aunt found this picture, being our family CNN that she is, she told all her siblings and close relatives. She showed this picture to those who went back to my kampung in Melaka.

Old memories started to flow. There are happy ones and there are sad ones. But every one of them is memorable. It costs you feelings, good and bad. Feelings that was way back and you thought disappeared, resurfaces. Feelings that you think are foolish now but matter most at that time. Now that the old memories came back, you shared them with your loved one and laughed at them together, all because your youngest sister found an old picture. Now, that is one of the best things in life :)

And this picture proves that I do look like my mother :) (In the picture she is in the lower left hand side)

4 comments:

  1. waaah...gmbo mcm dlm buku salasilah raja2..very the oldies

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why la aku letak this picture. I loike very the oldies~

    ReplyDelete
  3. kak long, ibu mcm krina la

    ReplyDelete
  4. mcm muke org ler. haha~ die yg kate. mcm muke awak tu gambar lg satu mase ibu lg kecik. hikhik :)

    ReplyDelete

This is how i think but you might think otherwise, so let's share that thought!!
Thanks for sharing :)